Wednesday, December 2, 2009

You are Dead Sir, hence you cannot vote in this election


False voting are on a rise these days after election voting cards have become a mandatory for voting in any elections. Not only this, I have observed name and other detials are not properly mentioned/spelled in the Election ID Cards because of the carelessness and negligence of the government officials.
For example, one of my friends name is akash bhatia and his fathers name is Captain Bhatia. But in the Election ID Card akash's father name is displayed as Captix Jhatia. How can anybody's name be Captix Jhatia? This is how negligent our government officials are.

Read On..

Writer and theatre personality Deepak Ranjan Chatterjee was shocked when officials at a polling booth in Jharkhand told him that he could not vote because he was dead -- in their records!

A day after the first round of assembly elections in the state Wednesday, Chatterjee related what he underwent in Jamshedpur city.

'My wife and my sons' names were there, but the officials at the booth told me that Deepak Ranjan Chatterjee was dead. I wanted to know how this was possible since I was listed as their father and I am active socially. They insisted the boys' father had died long ago,' Chatterjee told IANS.

Several others also complained that their names were missing from the voters' list. Balloting took place in 26 of the 81 assembly constituencies Wednesday amid a boycott call by Maoists.

Lakshmi Devi, 70, a Yadav voter in Hatia town, was not sure if her name was on the voters' list till the last moment.

'I migrated from Bihar to Jharkhand nine years ago. I was told a week ago that my name was not on the voters' list and I would not be able to vote. Today I found it. There was no coordination,' she said.

Also in Jamshedpur, lawyer Arun Sanyal was in for a surprise when he walked into his polling booth.

'I was born in this city and have voted for the last 40 years. But my name was missing from the rolls this time although my entire family was listed,' Sanyal said.

Tilak Mahto, a 55-year-old in Jugsalai assembly segment, said none of his family members was on the voter list along with 40 other Mahto voters. 'I suspect a conspiracy,' Mahto said.

Source: www.khabarexpress.com, 26 Nov 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment